1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2012 1:50 PM by disabled_JackRodgers

How to record Video for a FileMaker Go Application running on iPad?

MorkAfur

Title

How to record Video for a FileMaker Go Application running on iPad?

I need to record a video of a working FileMaker Go application on my iPad so the user can see how the Go application would actually work. The video would also include narration.

For Windows/Mac there's TechSmith's "Camtasia", which will make a move of what's happening on the screen. Exactly what I want. Unfortunately, Camtasia doesn't work on the ipad.

For the iPad 2, I can't find anything that will let me record a video of an application running on the ipad (like Camtasia). I've tried "alternative to" and other searches, but can't find a utility that will work for the ipad itself.

Any ideas on how to make a video of a working iPad FileMaker Go application running on the iPad would be extremely appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance.

- m

• 1. Re: How to record Video for a FileMaker Go Application running on iPad?

There is one IOS video screen capture program that I have found: Display Rec. It works on my Touch/iPhone, not sure about the iPad.

It requires a lot of editing afterwards to cut out the bits and pieces you don't want and to make your app seem like it is really smooth and easy to use.

I tried using iMovie on the Touch/iPhone but that is not a good idea. Dragging it over to your desktop and having a good at slicing, etc. is a better idea.

You can also 'fake' a movie by using a screen capture since there is a lot of dead air between clicks.

Don't forget, you can put a lot of screen shots into containers and do a timed presentation in Filemaker. Also use PowerPoint and capture that as a movie.