4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2015 11:23 AM by faustinc

How to save password for reconnecting?

faustinc

Title

How to save password for reconnecting?

The situation is: I wrote a database for our team to use, and we use filemaker server 13 to host, and filemaker go 13 on iPad to connect, every user has his own user name and password to connect.
      Everything goes fine, except one thing: filemaker go require us to input password again every time when we swich to other app and go back to filemaker, even for only 2 seconds....even when we carelessly push the home button on iPad, and want to go back to filemaker go immediately, it requires password...

I don't find a check box for saving password, is there anything we can do to solve this problem? Is there anything we can setup on server or any script to write in the host file to choose if we allow user to save password or require password after 15min, not immediately? It's embarrassing especially when we connect iPad to a projector and watch the password input on big screen. Thanks for answering.

• 1. Re: How to save password for reconnecting?
          schamblee

You can use fmreauthenticate to extend the time before it requires the to log back on. 

There is a setting on FMS to logoff user for inactivity. This time may have to be increased.

Under manage security, Edit privilege there is a setting to require re-authenticate.   I believe if you disable this it will keep the user from having to log back on. 

• 2. Re: How to save password for reconnecting?
            faustinc

I couldn't find the re-authenticate function in security panel......Should I find this function in other places? Please see the attached image ...

• 3. Re: How to save password for reconnecting?
              TSGal

FaustinC.:

Thank you for your posts.

When you first go to Manage -> Security, click on the "Extended Privileges..." tab.  If no tabs are available, then click "Use Detailed Setup" and then click the Extended Privileges tab.  Either double-click on the keyword "fmreauthenticate<x>", or click "New..." and type in "fmreauthenticate10".  This will allow FileMaker Go users to switch to another application and back to FileMaker Go within 10 minutes and not being prompted for credentials.  If you need a longer time like 60 minutes, then enter "fmreauthenticate60".  Once entered, then make sure you turn it on for the appropriate account names.  In the screen shot below, I have only turned it on for the Full Access "Admin" account.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: How to save password for reconnecting?
                faustinc

Thank you so much TSGal! I got it~~! :D