2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2014 6:53 AM by AppGuy

How to set up Location(

artdoc

Title

How to set up Location(

I'm not understanding how to use LocationValues (accuracy {; timeout}) in GO 13. The only info I can find about the function simply says it returns text, but I have to figure that there must be a calculation involved? I have tried a plain text field,wondering if it just auto filled when it had info to display, zero results. I tried a calculation but I get told FM "can't find the field!" What field?

I'm assuming that this is based on the current location of the iPhone user? I was hoping to have a Location field that could be used in a script to stop a timer from working IF the location was changed (significantly). Maybe this is a silly idea, but I thought I'd try. It's to keep worked from forgetting to stop a timer used to track work on various jobs as they move about the area.

Thanks,

Steve

• 1. Re: How to set up Location(
          artdoc

Finally found an answer:

1. Create a Text field, "Loc".

2. Create a script, "Get Location", with the script step:

Set Field [ "Loc" : Location ( 100 ; 5 ) ]

3. Access the file via FileMaker Go, and execute the script "Get Location"
               - - -
               I set it up and it worked like a charm, instantly giving me  Lat/Long reading! I can't understand why it was so hard to find a straight-forward set of steps! Never did I find any mention of how this calculation was handled! I changed my search and found the example above, and now I can continue my experiment. Hope others can find this useful.

Steve

• 2. Re: How to set up Location(
            AppGuy

Here is a quick screenshot of how to get the location and display it on a map as well...