5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2013 8:23 AM by TSGal

iCloud compatibility?

nonsequito

Title

iCloud compatibility?

Is FM planning to support file sharing via iCloud?

thanks.

• 1. Re: iCloud compatibility?
          TSGal

nonsequito:

Thank you for your post.

iCloud is a syncing service; not a sharing service.  Perhaps you could provide an example so I can better understand what you are trying to accomplish.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: iCloud compatibility?
            nonsequito

My wrong choice of words.  I would like to have a simple way to sync my files among iMac, iPad and iPhone. I know I can drag to iTunes s, or there's something about a server (already more complicated). I have a drawing app that syncs between its iPad and Mac incarnations via "iCloud." I'd like to be able to do the same with FM. 

• 3. Re: iCloud compatibility?
              TSGal

nonsequito:

Thanks for the clarification.

I recommend you enter this suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form populate a database file that is hosted by our Development and Product Management departments.  These requests are then discussed and considered for possible inclusion in a future release.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: iCloud compatibility?
                Markus Schneider

btw. Can somebody at FileMaker check that feature-request-form on an iPad? It's impossible to select more than 1 product on iOS. It's a 'must'-field, can't be empty - if it's not relevant, so keep it as a non-must-field

Sometimes, I'm asking myself if anybody at FileMaker is working on iPad's - daily work...

(-:

• 5. Re: iCloud compatibility?
                  TSGal

markus schneider:

Thank you for your post.

I just accessed the Feature Requests web page using an iPad 1 and iPad 3.  I'm able to access the pop-up for "What FileMaker product(s) are you using?", and I am able to tap both "FileMaker Go for iPhone" and "FileMaker Go for iPad".  That is, both items are checked.  When I tap "Done", the pop-up now displays "2 Items".

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.