2 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2013 1:51 PM by hamrichards

Import from FM Go to FM Pro not working

hamrichards

Title

Import from FM Go to FM Pro not working

I'm following the recipe in Example 2 on page 8 of FileMaker Go 12 Development Guide. When the script is executed from the iPad, the result is an error dialog bearing the message "The script step "Import Records" is not supported on this device."

Not only is the example presumably correct (it appears in several other FileMaker documents as well), but FileMaker Go Technical Brief specifically says that Import Records is supported:

Importing records is supported in a scripted process when using the Import Records script step to import from another FileMaker file. Using the Import Records script step, you can ... Import records stored in a local database into a hosted file.

So I must be overlooking something, and I'll be very grateful to anyone who can reveal to me what I'm missing.

Thanks,

--Ham

• 1. Re: Import from FM Go to FM Pro not working
          TSGal

hrichards:

Thank you for your post.

The Import Records script step only supports FileMaker Pro files.  Therefore, make sure you didn't specify another file type in the Import Records script step.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Import from FM Go to FM Pro not working
            hamrichards

Lovely--problem solved in about 11 seconds!

I had left the Import Records step's File Type specification in its default setting of All Available, assuming (if I thought about it) that the file name's extension (".fmp12") would satisfy the FileMaker-only requirement.

Changing the setting to FileMaker Pro files solved the problem.

Many thanks!

--Ham