3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2014 8:10 AM by TSGal

Import records from multiple tables from Go to Pro

ShawnFitzgerald

Title

Import records from multiple tables from Go to Pro

I want to write a script that will import all new records from a file that is on the Ipad using go into a file that is hosted with pro.  I am thinking I can have a common variable in all the records in each table that I can search for and then imopr them however I do not want to import the entire record because each record has a unique ID Number and I just want it to add all the records from the Go program to the Pro hosted file.  Both Files on both the Go and Pro Are exactly the same I am basically just wanting to update one with the other almost syncing all the records on them only adding recods that are not there I do not want to delete records that are on one but not the other.

Thank you for all your help you guys here are the BEST I tell you.

• 1. Re: Import records from multiple tables from Go to Pro
          TSGal

Shawn Fitzgerald:

Thank you for your post.

If you only want to add records that are not in the main file, then you may want to perform a lookup into the host file to see if the ID exists.  Find only those records where the ID does not exist, and then perform an import from the host file, as it will only import the found set of records.

For more information about importing, see pages 8-9 of the FileMaker Go Development Guide, and specifically Example 2 on page 9:

https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/docs/13/en/fmgo13_development.pdf

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Import records from multiple tables from Go to Pro
            ShawnFitzgerald

TSGal:

Thank you so much that worked I was able to import records both ways as needed.  I am trying to do a pop up diologe box now and have never done one and I want it to display the number of records that were imported.  I was thinking I could count the number of records before the import and after the import and display the differnce can I do this?

Thank you so much for your help

Shawn

• 3. Re: Import records from multiple tables from Go to Pro
              TSGal

Shawn Fitzgerald:

After importing records, you will find that only those records that were imported are in the Found set.  Therefore, you could use "Get (FoundCount)" function to retrieve the number of records that were just imported.

If you are performing multiple imports, and you want to get the total number of records imported, then you may want to use "Get (TotalRecordCount)" to get the difference between the starting count and the ending count.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.