3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2015 12:27 PM by Dddavid

importing records from a local (fmgo13) transferred file, into a remote hosted database (Pro)

Dddavid

Title

importing records from a local (fmgo13) transferred file, into a remote hosted database (Pro)

I want to create a "helper" or "controller" file to sync my devices, and I am attempting to recreate the scripting processes, as described on page 9, in the Filemaker Go13 development guide.  

I want to import records, from a "local" transferred file (Source.fmp12) into a "remote" hosted file (Target.fmp12) using a script in "local" transferred file ("Target.fmp12").

I have them all open with sharing turned on.

"Locally" running fmGO13, and "remotely" hosted on a Macbook Pro, running Filemaker Pro 13, where I do all development. 

Set Variable [$Filepath; Value:Get (DocumentsPath)  &  "Source.fmp12"]

Import Records [No dialog; "$Filepath"; AddMac Roman]

-  Set Variable options:  

Name= $Filepath     

Value= Get (DocumentsPath)  & "Source.fmp12"

-  Data source file path OPTIONS #1 =

file:$Filepath
               file:Source.fmp12          RESULTS = Imports from iOS "Source" to iOS "Target"

Data source file path OPTIONS #2 =

fmnet:/hostIPaddress/Target.fmp12  (Pro)
               file:$FilePath
               file:Source.fmp12          RESULTS = Imports from Pro "Target" to iOS "Target"

Data source file path OPTIONS #3 =

fmnet:/remoteIPaddress/Target.fmp12  (iOS)
               file:Source.fmp12          RESULTS = Imports from iOS "Source" to iOS "Target"

Data Source file path OPTIONS #4 =    

file:Source.fmp12 

fmnet:/remoteIPaddress/Source.fmp12  (iOS)     RESULTS = Imports from iOS "Source" to iOS "Target"

Also tried this...

Edit Script window =

Import Records [No Dialogue; “Source”; Add; Mac Roman]

File path :

fmnet:/remoteIPaddress/Source.fmp12   (iOS)    

RESULTS = ERROR  The file "Source.fmp12" could not be opened.  (Not Found)  

I have succeeded to import, using a script in the iOS "local "file ("Target.fmp12"), records from the Macbook hosted ("Source.fmp12") and ("Target.fmp12").

I have succeeded, without any complications, to import from the "remote" iOS device into my "local" hosted file, using the host Macbook "Import Records" file menu.  

I have not succeeded to import records, via a script in a "local" file ("Source.fmp12" ), from my iOS device, into my hosted "remote" file ("target.fmp12"), on the Macbook, on any attempt.

In all cases, both files were open on both machines, with sharing turned on.

In one case, I was attempting to add a remote file path (I think) to the Macbook hosted "Target.fmp12", and I got a warning telling me ""Target.fmp12" already exists in that location, do I want to replace the file?" (or something to that effect).  I can try to recreate the conditions, if someone feels it might be of value.

Thanking any and all, in advance, after several days of scratching my head...