1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 27, 2012 10:20 AM by philmodjunk

In scripting an invoicing system, primary record fields become scrambled

BirckCox

Title

In scripting an invoicing system, primary record fields become scrambled

I don't know what to call it, so FAQ does me no good: I'm trying to script an invoicing program. I'm working on a group of 4-6 different scripts associated with 4 different files. The primary record file is a list of customers, the system is designed to generate an invoice, assign a number, associate the number with a date, and file the results away in two archives. The problem is that when I start working over the scripts, the primary record file becomes scrambled. Fields suddenly hold the wrong information, e.g., a company name is now "556", the address is now "George Jones", the invoice total is now "Cincinnati". What have I done and how do I fix it? I'm expecting to find that something I did in writing and changing the scripts is responsible, but what is it? I can't reproduce it now-I get nothing at all, but my entire primary record file has become scrambled. I know it can be fixed, because it's happened before,  but I don't know how at this point.

• 1. Re: In scripting an invoicing system, primary record fields become scrambled
          philmodjunk

You've posted this to the FM Go Forum. Does this have anything to do with GO? It sounds like a question that should be posted to the FM Pro Forum. (See tabs at top of screen.)

You'll need to describe your database design in much more detail and possibly post your script before we can suggest much. Be careful with your terms used. Do you really mean "file" in what you have posted here or is each "file" really a table in the same file?

To post a script to the forum:

1.           You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
          3.           You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here.
          5.           If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          7.           If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format. (Use the HTML option on the database tab panel and paste the text into the forum's HTML editor.)