Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the problem. This is what I have done.
1. On Mac OS X 10.5 Server, I launched FileMaker Server 10.0.2, I made a file "Test.fp7" available.
2. Using FileMaker Go on an iPod touch, I was able to access the server and open the file.
3. On Windows 2003 Server, I launched FileMaker Server 10.0.2, and FMServer_Sample was made available.
4. Using FileMaker Go on an iPad, I was able to access the file on that server.
5. On Windows XP, I launched FileMaker Pro 9.0v3, created a database file (Test.fp7), turned on Network sharing, and set access to All users.
6. Using FileMaker Go on an iPhone, I was able to access the file on that server.
Let me know what else I should try here to help replicate your problem.
This sounds like a start up script that is using Get (ApplicationVersion ) to check the version of FileMaker being used to open the file. There's probably an If step that uses this function and which is not set up to work correctly when the file is opened with Go.
Fix this one line and this problem should disappear.
Beat me to it...
Filemaker to my knowledge doesn't check for versions, it just pops up error notices if you use an earlier version that doesn't understand a script step entered in a newer version.
The alert my be wrapped like this:
If get(systemplatform) = 3
put the old script steps here
I wonder how it holds up under IWP and PHP?