1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2014 2:37 PM by philmodjunk

Insert from Device causes scripts to pause

johnnykrz

Title

Insert from Device causes scripts to pause

I have a script that switches layouts and enters at photo into a container field using the 'insert from device' script step. After inserting the photo from FM Go, the script pauses on that layout and doesn't return to the original layout until the user presses 'continue'. If they press cancel for some reason or just don't know to hit continue, they are stuck in the second layout. 

I've tried adding a 'pause/resume script', but I can't seem to get the script to return to the original layout without pausing. Using 'go to field' would require that I pause the script myself (and wouldn't be as nice as going directly to the camera).

• 1. Re: Insert from Device causes scripts to pause
          philmodjunk

I don't see that on my iPhone. I just set up the following script:

Go to Layout ["layout with container field']
               Insert From Device [camera....}
               Go to Layout [original layout]

I put a button on my iPhone layout that performs this script. I tapped a button and the screen switched to the Camera view. If I tapped the button, it took a picture and I then could tap "use photo" or "retake". If tap "use photo" it inserts the image into the container field and returns me to the original layout. No pause occurs. The only way I can strand myself on the container field is if I tap cancel and choose not to continue the script. But I can keep that dialog from appearing if I change the script to be:

Set Error capture [on]
               Go to Layout ["layout with container field']
               Insert From Device [camera....}
               Go to Layout [original layout]