1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 23, 2014 10:26 PM by schamblee

Inserting Files into a Container with FileMaker Go

Nathan_1

Title

Inserting Files into a Container with FileMaker Go

I'm having an issue with container fields on FileMaker Go, specifically with what files can be selected during insertion.

Clicking Files on the popup menu opens a little display box for selecting a file but only in a very specific location and with no way to browse to other areas on the phone's storage. Is there something I'm missing here? Some little checkbox that changes where the database looks by default?

In addition, is there anyway to make FileMaker look for files in file hosting services like Dropbox or OneDrive?

• 1. Re: Inserting Files into a Container with FileMaker Go
          schamblee

No, you can not browse in other areas of your phone, only the Filemaker Go file area.  You can select a file in Dropbox then select the open-in icon and select Filemaker Go and then the file will be copy to the file area in filemaker Go.  I'm not sure if OneDrive supports opening files in Filemaker Go yet, I was go to test but I was having issue with OneDrive loading my files. Once the file is in the file area of filemaker go, then you can insert it into a container.