2 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2015 7:50 AM by TomEdge

Invalid Hostname when PDF Streaming from FM Server

TomEdge

Title

Invalid Hostname when PDF Streaming from FM Server

For some reason I am getting an extra period at the end of my hostname when attempting to stream to a FM Go client.  I don't have the issue with an XLS file from the same container field and directory on the server and I can export the file just fine from FM Go.  Instead of "http://lakserv.local/Streaming..." it is using "http://lakserv.local./Streaming...." and causing the error.  If I remove the period from the URL it opens up just fine in safari.

• 1. Re: Invalid Hostname when PDF Streaming from FM Server
          schamblee

You have not provide enough information to determine where the issue is.  I assume you have a script or calculation to compute the path.  Verify that the script is working correctly.  On FMA you can step thru the script steps with the debugger.  On FMGo you will have to create your own means to display each step using a custom dialog box.    You may have to add the device script step to detect that the database is running on a ios device then trim the last dot from the path.  If ios device then use the script step set variable $thelength = length(thepath) , and then use script step to set field or variable to left($thepath;thelength-1).   This is assuming that the path is always the same except one extra period at the end.

• 2. Re: Invalid Hostname when PDF Streaming from FM Server
            TomEdge

I am using the same server side script to insert each of the files into the container field.  There is no problem on that end since I can export both the XLS and PDF files from those fields using FM Go.  The problem is when I attempt to view the files on an iPad.  The XLS views fine, but the PDF picks up the extra dot in the hostname.  As far as I know there is no way for me to manipulate the provided path when trying to view container contents using FM Go.