2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2012 1:08 PM by disabled_JackRodgers

Invisible checkbox set

AnitaWoods

Title

Invisible checkbox set

I have a layout with a tab control, and on the last tab is another tab control with ten different checkbox sets on the first tab.  They look fine in FM11 on my Macbook, but on the ipad, the checkboxes are invisible until you repeatedly tap on them, then they all miraculously show up.  I've tried making sure to bring them all to front.  They are there, you can even tap where a checkbox would be, and it appears to recognize you selected it.  But it takes tapping 2-3 times before all the checkboxes then show up.  Anyone know what's up?

• 1. Re: Invisible checkbox set
          TSGal

Anita Woods:

Thank you for your post.

I'm unable to replicate the problem, and I know that doesn't help you.  If you create a new layout (do not duplicate) with the same fields, does it also occur?  Does it only happen wihin a tab control?

Regardless, I would like to get a copy of your file (no records necessary) so I can determine why it is not working.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Invisible checkbox set

Try adjusting the size of the object just a bit.

I connect my IOS devices to the Filemaker Pro 12 computer via wifi and open the file on the ios device so that I can verify the layouts as I work. 

Mostly the layouts of the IOS devices will update when I return to browse mode from layout mode but sometimes they do not and I have to quite Go and reopen the file for the update, not that often.

I create separate layouts rather than trying to get one layout to work everywhere since the screen dynamics vary from Mac to Windows to IOS and having FORM tablename iPhone and FORM tablename iPad and FORM tablename Mac and FORM tablename windows and even Form tablename IWP can save a lot of headaches.

Using a separate layout fo the iPhone vs iPad forces me to think a bit differently and reduce my expectations and output...