1 Reply Latest reply on May 13, 2013 9:56 AM by TSGal

IOS Human Interface

richard_r

Title

IOS Human Interface

When will Filemaker Go enable developers to add native IOS input controls so that our FM GO solutions can act more like native IOS apps?

Date Picker

Picker

Keyboard Types

Currently in Filemaker Pro there are script steps to let me launch Applescript or Active X/Visual Basic scripts and I can interact with Unix shell commands on my Mac. What about IOS interactivity?

• 1. Re: IOS Human Interface
          TSGal

Richard Rasch:

Thank you for your post.

If you format a Date field to display a Drop-down calendar, then the iOS date picker will display when the Date field is accessed in FileMaker Go.

If you format a Text field to display a Pop-up menu, then a choice picker will display when the Text field is accessed in FileMaker Go.

Currently, the different Keyboard Types cannot be controlled.  I encourage you to enter this suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form populate a database file hosted by our Development and Product Management departments where the entries are discussed and considered for future releases.  Although I could easily copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.