5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2012 12:53 PM by rouelf_1

iPad FM Go Fuzzy Text

rouelf_1

Title

iPad FM Go Fuzzy Text

This may not be the right place bring this up, but here it is:

On iPad with FM Go, in landscape mode text is fuzzy. If you use gestures to make the screen slightly larger, then it sharpens. If you tap in text field containing text, that text gets very sharp, but all other text remains fuzzy. It does not matter what size the text is set for, it has the jaggies, fuzziness. Not very nice. Have looked at another solution by someone else, same problem. Not very attractive !!!   Is this a known issue ?

• 1. Re: iPad FM Go Fuzzy Text
          TSGal

rouelf:

Thank you for your post.

I'm unable to reproduce this issue on an iPad first generation.  I launched the "Sample Inventory" file under iOS 5.1, and the text is not fuzzy.  Are you viewing as Form?  List?  Table?   If the "Sample Inventory" displays correctly for you, then can you describe in greater detail the file that is displaying "fuzzy"?  Which version of the iPad are you using?  Which version of iOS?  Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: iPad FM Go Fuzzy Text
            rouelf_1

TSGal,

Thank you for your reply, interesting, was not able to do a reply using the iPad (with Safary).  OK, am using the "New iPad 3", iOS 5.1. The fuzzy text is present on both List and Form view, don't know about Table view. I opened the Sample Inventory file, same problem. It is present in both Landscape and Portrait mode. If you go to Landscape view then to Portrait view the is text is fuzzy in both views. Again, Using gesture to increase the view of the screen, then it sharpens without fuzzyness. Also noticed (using the Sample Inventory file) that after going from Landscape to Portrait view, and using gesture to make it fit the screen, the text is very sharp until the screen is completly rendered then the text becomes fuzzy.

• 3. Re: iPad FM Go Fuzzy Text
              TSGal

rouelf:

Thanks for the additional information.

I found someone with a new iPad 3, and I can verify that the text does appear fuzzy.  On top of that, our Development and Testing departments are already aware of this issue.

I have attached your post to the original report, and when more information becomes available, I will let you know.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: iPad FM Go Fuzzy Text

Try testing with a different font and duplicate the field or text object several times and apply different font faces.

Outline fonts, tt and such, should be sharp at all magnifications with minimal jaggies.

It's possible that the font you are viewing is not in the font family on your IOS device, and yes, they are not the same for phone and pad.

Of course we can fall back on my 20 year old standard, never jump in until the 3rd version which for hard ware is the C model. Early adopters are beta testers for the rest of us.

• 5. Re: iPad FM Go Fuzzy Text
                  rouelf_1

This Issue is now fixed. Installed the Filemaker Go 12 (iPad), even though it does not run fp7 files, after installation, it magically fixed the fuzzy text issue on the iPad when running with the old Filemaker Go app. Cool.