1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2011 10:54 AM by TSDuck

iPad Web Viewer-Issue Displaying Google Calendar

hiface

Title

iPad Web Viewer-Issue Displaying Google Calendar

When a Web viewer is configured to display a Google Calendar - Google Calendar displays a dialog asking for confirmation that you 'really want to use the Desktop version of the calendar when there is a Mobile version available'?. This dialog seems to appear repeatedly for each calendar. If you choose the mobile version - it hangs FMGo. Seems Google cannot distinguish between a Web Viewer running on an iPhone vs an iPad. It would help if the Web Viewer could optionally announce itself a running on a desktop device. Is there a way of announcing the device via the URL?

Or… there needs to be a setting in FMGo to configure the Web Viewer to announce itself as running on a desktop device when running on an iPad.

Exact text of the google message:

"You are trying to use the desktop version of Google Calendar from a mobile browser. Some features may not work correctly. Would you like to use the mobile version instead."

• 1. Re: iPad Web Viewer-Issue Displaying Google Calendar
          TSDuck

Hi hiface:

Thanks for posting.

When I try to access Google Calendar from the web viewer in FileMaker Go, I am getting the same message regarding viewing as a mobile site.  The Web Viewer in FileMaker uses Apple’s Web Kit, which is not a fully functional browser.  The issue is being caused by Google Calendar making a call unsupported by the Web Kit, causing Google to recognize the device as an iPad, redirecting to a mobile version.  I’ve reproduced this exact issue in the free app “WebPresenter” where the same message occurs.  The WebPresenter is another app that uses the Apple Web Kit.

TSDuck

FileMaker, Inc.