5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2014 10:35 AM by TSGal

iPad will not scan after insert from device (picture)

stangoldberg

Title

iPad will not scan after insert from device (picture)

I have a script where I scan a barcode and then take a picture with the iPad and insert it into a container field. After I do this once FileMaker Go will not scan.

Thoughts?

stan

here is the script

scriptpicture.jpg

• 1. Re: iPad will not scan after insert from device (picture)
          TSGal

stan goldberg:

Thank you for your post.

I'm trying to understand more of your script.  First, you go to the "Picture Taker" layout and add a new record.  You then insert the bar code information into Picture Taker::Full Name field.  Then you set a variable to a field from another table, and since a new record was just added to "Picture Taker", is the Full Name field the key field used to link to the scanner table?  You then copy the contents of the scanner::result field to the clipboard, but I don't see a paste or where this is referenced later in the script.  Next is the Commit Records for the Full Name field.  Is there a reason why this is positioned here and not after the Insert from Device step?  Next, the Full Name field is stored in a variable, and a Perform Find is executed.  What is the contents of the Restore?  You then reference another table (Math Studio) in the Insert from Device.  How is this table related?  Is this a one-to-one relationship?  Can the Find return more than one record?

Any other information you can provide would be helpful.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: iPad will not scan after insert from device (picture)
            stangoldberg

you are right there are steps that need to be hooked in, please disregard those and view the reduced script.  The issue is after the script is run and you try to rerun the script to take another picture the FileMaker Go on the iPad will not scan.  The new script starts and goes to the camera for a scan but it will not recognize the barcode.

• 3. Re: iPad will not scan after insert from device (picture)
              TSGal

stan goldberg:

Although I had trouble getting a bar code to scan with the front camera (probably needs cleaning), my back camera worked find.  I added five records with images in both Full Name and Member picture fields.  The only change I made in your script was to add another Commit Records after taking the Member picture.

For the bar code scanning, does the back camera work for you?

I am using FileMaker Go 13.0.2.  Can you verify you have the latest update installed?

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: iPad will not scan after insert from device (picture)
                stangoldberg

Thank you for the commit records clue. That resolved the issue as long as I did not use the same camera for both the scan and the picture.  I tried combos of each and as long as I used a different camera for each of the two tasks it worked. When I tried the same camera (Front or Back) it froze after the first iteration of the script. 

stan

• 5. Re: iPad will not scan after insert from device (picture)
                  TSGal

All:

This issue has been addressed in the FileMaker Go 13.0v3 update, now available through the App Store and iTunes.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.