2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2010 2:25 PM by TSGal

iPad: Returning to Portrait from Landscape

DaveImada

Title

iPad: Returning to Portrait from Landscape

I was reviewing the Sample Inventory database on both my iPhone and iPad. I noticed that on my iPad when I go from portrait to landscape the record detail layout expands and fills the screen. But when I return to portrait, the layout does not resize correctly - right edge is cut off (see screenshot).

On my iPhone, the Record Detail-iPhone layout resizes correctly every time.

Is there a setting that I missed?

photo.PNG

• 1. Re: iPad: Returning to Portrait from Landscape
          TSGal

Dave Imada:

Thank you for your post.

Our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments are aware of this issue.  It will automatically expand, but it won't automatically contract.  Until this is changed, use two finger pinch to force it to resize back to fit in portrait view.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: iPad: Returning to Portrait from Landscape
            TSGal

Dave Imada:

This is not going to change.  Here is the explanation from Development:

"We don't want to do arbitrary resizing/zooming of the window content.  We only do it when necessary.  For example, when your layout is smaller in width than your screen dimensions (going from portrait at minimum zoom level to landscape) we would be left with unused space so we zoom to fit.  However, when going the opposite way, the landscape oriented layout fills the portrait screen so we don’t have reason to zoom to fit.  It would be annoying to always zoom the layout content to fit just because you changed orientations.  In fact, we won’t even zoom going from portrait to landscape if the current zoom level allows for enough content to fit horizontally in the new landscape orientation.  I should note here that we actually do always resize the layout to accommodate the aspect ratio change (the layout will get longer or shorter) but we avoid changing the zoom level."

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.