4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2011 5:17 PM by disabled_JackRodgers

iPhone 4 connects wirelessly to FMPRO but not my iPad2

ScottCollins

Title

iPhone 4 connects wirelessly to FMPRO but not my iPad2

I have no issues connecting my iPhone 4 to a shered database on my PC - add local host, shows the file, open and beutiful it works.  Just bought an iPad2 and have teh identical settings and not so beautiful, it can;t find a thing ???

Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: iPhone 4 connects wirelessly to FMPRO but not my iPad2
          TSGal

Scott Collins:

Are you connecting over 3g or Wi-Fi?  Is it the same on both the iPhone 4 and iPad2?  When you tap the Local Network Hosts icon in the upper right, is the host listed?  If you specify a host address, do the files then list?  Any other information you can provide about your network and computing environment may be helpful.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: iPhone 4 connects wirelessly to FMPRO but not my iPad2
            ScottCollins

Hi

I am connecting over WiFi which is the same for the iPhone which works fine.  On the iPad I have setup a favorite host which does not respond with any files (but the iPhone does).

I managed to get the database open once, and it now appears in the Recent Files list - when I tap it I get no response now.

I have tried to enter the database name as well with no result.

Scott

• 3. Re: iPhone 4 connects wirelessly to FMPRO but not my iPad2
              TSGal

Scott Collins:

Are you able to see files on any other machine running FileMaker Pro?  If not, you'll need to determine what is the difference between your iPad and iPhone.  Try rebooting the iPad (to shut down all other applications and clear up any possible memory conflicts), launch FileMaker Go and try again.  If that fails, then connect to iTunes, and move off any local iPad FileMaker files to the Mac.  Then, remove FileMaker Go, connect to iTunes and download a fresh copy of FileMaker Go, and move the local files back onto the iPad.  Try launching again and connecting.

Continue to keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: iPhone 4 connects wirelessly to FMPRO but not my iPad2

Sounds like Microsoft Tech Support...  :)

How about jsut turning off Wi-Fi using the gear to reset the iPad's connection in case there are duplicated IP thingies...

Also make sure to use the option for local connection in case there isn't an internet connectin on the wifi network.

And, your wifi router/setup could be set to just permit the iPhone and the computer and exclude the iPad. I have restricted my MiFi router to prevent tailgaiters and those who might use my router and get me thrown in jail.