4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2014 7:37 PM by Safari-ID

is there a easy way of Distributing a Filemaker Go File To May iphones

Safari-ID

Title

is there a easy way of Distributing a Filemaker Go File To May iphones

Question:

I have 300 companies scattered out all over and I want to Distribute 

a Filemaker Go File to there iPhone to use..

Any suggestions on where I can place the filemaker file 

for the users to download it.. 

Is there a app file store for filemaker yet ?

Why can't i put my Filemaker File on the App Store?

• 1. Re: is there a easy way of Distributing a Filemaker Go File To May iphones
          AppGuy

There is not an app per say.. But we use seedcode's gozync to distribute to all 400 of our iPads..  This also does all the upgrades when I release a new version. Distribution is pretty this way..  Download their demo.. They use the hosted file to distribute..

• 2. Re: is there a easy way of Distributing a Filemaker Go File To May iphones
            Safari-ID

Appreciate the info:  I downloaded it.. another 99 cent fee.

Im looking it over.. 

All I need is to Distribute a iPhone configuration utility icon.

That has the URL of the Hosted FMP Database..with a icon embedded 

Its the aches and pains of working in Filemaker..  No app store..

right now I am sending the config file as a email attachment.. which is working. 

• 3. Re: is there a easy way of Distributing a Filemaker Go File To May iphones
              AppGuy

Ahh.. I was under the impression you were asking about distributing databases... Your question was not very clear.. Anyway..  There is no fee for the gozync demo.. It's free..

Back to your question at hand..   You could embed your configuration file behind a password protected website so your users can download anytime they need to, continue to use email, or any other way you can image to get it to them.. 

• 4. Re: is there a easy way of Distributing a Filemaker Go File To May iphones
                Safari-ID

What I have is problem in the Louisiana Bayou

And only 4 copies of Filemaker Pro 13 Advanced were sold in my city and I have 2 of them.  

This is my only way to get assistance.

I have a database hosted

I need to reach out to some future customers and have them download filemaker go

then click the apple config file that has the URL of the Hosted Database.

To complicate things, I have several customers selling stuff on the database

Who are competitors.  Is there a Way to change the URL of the Filemaker Pro Database Hosted 

URL to bring them to a certain page in the Filemaker Pro Database   ie.... fm57.triple8.net/Store1

or something like that to bring the customer to a certain page in Filemaker Go  fm57.triple8.net/Store2