8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2012 10:48 AM by rouelf_1

Issue on iPad (only) FM Go 11 and FM Go 12 after doing View.

rouelf_1

Title

Issue on iPad (only) FM Go 11 and FM Go 12 after doing View.

1) On the iPad and not on the iPhone, for both FM Go 11 and 12, after tapping Print, and PDF, and then View, a small black bar/strip (about 0.5 cm) is inserted at the top of the screen. Then after closing view, the bar/trip persists on all layouts. This shifts all content on layouts down by the width of the strip. Not a major issue but it is annoying. It can be undone by tapping upper left to access windows, then expanding back to layout. But it is annoying as it moves content down off my layouts.

2) In FM Go, containers holding an actual document, not a reference, if the document type is not recognized, then the document will not email. From mail, after waiting for the processing wheel to finish, I get: Sending the message content to the server failed. This happens on both iPad and iPhone. I would expect the content of a container to email regardless of whether FM can recognize the doc type.

• 1. Re: Issue on iPad (only) FM Go 11 and FM Go 12 after doing View.
          rouelf_1

I think I should have placed this issue in the "Report an Issue" tab. So am going to copy this issue to the Report an Issue tab, and close this post here.

• 2. Re: Issue on iPad (only) FM Go 11 and FM Go 12 after doing View.
            TSGal

rouelf:

Thank you for your posts.

You can post issues with FileMaker Go either here or in the "Report an Issue" board.

I'm unabe to replicate the first issue with Print -> PDF -> View.  Are you in List View?  Form View?  Table View?  Are the layouts wider than the display?  Are the layouts taller than the display?  Does it occur under both Portrait and Landscape, or just one particular setting?

Your second issue is similar to the posting at:

Email ODT from iOS

... and is being addressed there.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Issue on iPad (only) FM Go 11 and FM Go 12 after doing View.
              rouelf_1

TSGal,

Thanks for your response,

1) This occurs in List View, Form View, don't know about table view.

2) Does not matter if layouts are wider or not than the display.

3) Occurs under both Portrait and Landscape.

Here is png image of it. Notice the black strip at the top, Which remains after returning to the database layouts. Can be undone as described earlier.

• 4. Re: Issue on iPad (only) FM Go 11 and FM Go 12 after doing View.
                TSGal

rouelf:

I'm still unable to replicate the problem under List View, Form View, or Table View.  Therefore, I would like to see a copy of your database file so I can try it here.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send your file.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Issue on iPad (only) FM Go 11 and FM Go 12 after doing View.
                  TSGal

rouelf:

I received your file.  Thank you.

I'm still unable to replicate the problem.  I have forwarded a couple of screen shots to our Technical Support contact that shows no black bar on the iPad.  You should receive those shortly.

Please provide exact steps so I can duplicate the problem.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Issue on iPad (only) FM Go 11 and FM Go 12 after doing View.
                    rouelf_1

TSGal, from my file, on the iPad 3:

1. From any layout in my file, hold landscape or portrait, tap the sproket tool at top right (do not change orientation).

2. Tap on Print.

3. Tap on PDF.

4. Tap on View.

5. Close View by tap on Done.

This returns to the database layouts. Black strip is at the top. A new way to make the black strip disappear is to then change from Landscape to Porttrait or vice versa.

I received an image from Steve Kurasch, but it looked like the View screen had not been closed. It must be closed without changing from Landscape to Portrait or vice versa.

• 7. Re: Issue on iPad (only) FM Go 11 and FM Go 12 after doing View.
                      TSGal

rouelf:

My apologies for this late reply.  Your last reply slipped through the cracks.

The images sent by our Technical Support contact were forwarded from me.

I just tried your exact steps, and I'm still unable to get the black strip.  I am performing this on an iPad 3 running FileMaker Go 11 under iOS 6.

TSGal
                           FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: Issue on iPad (only) FM Go 11 and FM Go 12 after doing View.
                        rouelf_1

TSGal, thank you for your reponse, good to see that there appears to be a system that catches things thst have fallen "through the cracks".  I have now tried to reproduce the black strip, and it no longer occurs.  It was there for months and months; since, I modified the layouts to make the black strip irrevelant. But now it does seem to occur. The strip was occuring with iOS 5, perhaps iOS 6 has somehow fix the issue. The last time I saw the black strip, it had seemed to be related to an iOS status strip. However, it appears that iOS 6 has fixed the problem.

Thanks,