3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2014 2:30 PM by philmodjunk

Issue refreshing my standalone file on my iPad under FileMaker Go

pennym

Title

Issue refreshing my standalone file on my iPad under FileMaker Go

Issue refreshing my standalone file on my iPad Air

I do all my FileMaker Pro 13 development work on my desktop iMac ( OS X 10.9.4 ).

I then wish to place a copy (a standalone file) on my iPad Air ( iOS 7.1.2 ).

I do this via iTunes ( v 11.4 )  on which resides my FileMaker Go 13 app.

WITH my iPad selected in iTunes, I choose ‘Apps’ from the menu bar and then scroll to the ‘File Sharing’ section. I then select ‘FileMaker Go’ from the apps list. Here I expect to be able to delete the existing ‘standalone.fmp12’ file from the ‘Documents’ list and sync in a replacement file from my iMac desktop which reflects my latest changes. Although this operation is successful, the resulting version on my iPad Air still reflects the OLD ‘standalone.fmp12’ file and not the NEW file.!!!

THE only way I can get my iPad Air to successfully reflect the updated ‘standalone.fmp12’ file is to first REMOVE ‘FileMaker Go 13’ from my iPad Air, RE-INSTALL ‘FileMaker Go 13’ onto my iPad Air, and then ADD the updated file to ‘FileMaker Go’ under the ‘File Sharing’ section.

WHEW!!! This is right much to have to do just to get an updated file onto my iPad Air. What am I doing wrong? Is there an easier way to get my iPad Air updated?