Thank you for your post.
What occurs when the file is copied? Do you get an error message? Does the file display under "Files on Device"? If so, and you try to tap it, what occurs?
Let me know the exact steps you took to copy the file in iTunes. Here are the exact steps:
1. Connect your iOS device to your Mac.
2. Launch iTunes, and select your iOS device under "DEVICES" in the left pane.
3. In the larger right pane, click the "Apps" tab.
4. Under the section "File Sharing", click on the FileMaker Go app.
5. To the right, in the Documents section, are the files currently on the iOS device.
6. Drag the file from the computer into the Documents section and let go. The file will then be copied to the iOS device.
If this still isn't occurring, then reboot your iOS device and try again. If still not working, then make sure you have copies of all the files from your device on your computer. If not, then move the files from the Documents section onto the computer. Once you verify you have copies of all files, then remove FileMaker Go from your iOS device, and then move over a fresh copy from iTunes.
Keep me updated with any progress.
I re-booted the iPad (I've done this several times before!) and now the database files appear under 'Files on Device'.
Thanks for your response anyway.
Your email was forwarded to me. Thank you.
Since you are still unable to transfer a file to your iOS device, please send me a copy of your database file so I can try it here. I'll try to determine why iTunes is not moving files to your iOS device. Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.
I've worked on this for 3 days and now after a re-boot (one of many!) everything seems to be working. I'm still not sure what the hangup was? Intially File Sharing wouldn't copy anything (no error messages). Everything seems ok now. Thanks.