4 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2012 11:05 AM by AlmerindaTravassos

iTunes File Sharing

AlmerindaTravassos

Title

iTunes File Sharing

Hi

I've tried the iTunes File Sharing method for coping my FMP 12 database to FM Go and it won't work. I've tried numerous times, and still no go. When I email the database, the file can be opened by FM Go, so I know that it is formatted properly. I have followed the steps as outlined by Apple and in this forum but I can't get the file to show up in the iPad. Any suggestions?

AT

• 1. Re: iTunes File Sharing
          TSGal

Almerinda Travassos:

Thank you for your post.

What occurs when the file is copied?  Do you get an error message?  Does the file display under "Files on Device"?  If so, and you try to tap it, what occurs?

Let me know the exact steps you took to copy the file in iTunes.  Here are the exact steps:

1. Connect your iOS device to your Mac.

2. Launch iTunes, and select your iOS device under "DEVICES" in the left pane.

3. In the larger right pane, click the "Apps" tab.

4. Under the section "File Sharing", click on the FileMaker Go app.

5. To the right, in the Documents section, are the files currently on the iOS device.

6. Drag the file from the computer into the Documents section and let go.  The file will then be copied to the iOS device.

If this still isn't occurring, then reboot your iOS device and try again.  If still not working, then make sure you have copies of all the files from your device on your computer.  If not, then move the files from the Documents section onto the computer.  Once you verify you have copies of all files, then remove FileMaker Go from your iOS device, and then move over a fresh copy from iTunes.

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: iTunes File Sharing
            AlmerindaTravassos

Hi

I re-booted the iPad (I've done this several times before!) and now the database files appear under 'Files on Device'.

Thanks for your response anyway.

AT

• 3. Re: iTunes File Sharing
              TSGal

Almerinda Travassos:

Your email was forwarded to me.  Thank you.

Since you are still unable to transfer a file to your iOS device, please send me a copy of your database file so I can try it here.  I'll try to determine why iTunes is not moving files to your iOS device.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: iTunes File Sharing
                AlmerindaTravassos

Hi TSGal

I've worked on this for 3 days and now after a re-boot (one of many!) everything seems to be working. I'm still not sure what the hangup was?  Intially File Sharing wouldn't copy anything (no error messages). Everything seems ok now. Thanks.