2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2013 10:31 AM by TSGal

Landscape Script

beacon10

Title

Landscape Script

Is there a script to keep an iPhone layout in landscape mode in Go?

I've looked at Get(WindowOrientation) but is there a command /script that will keep the layout in landscape?

• 1. Re: Landscape Script
          philmodjunk

No there is not. You can lock your whole phone in Portrait but not Landscape--never understood why we don't get both options.

But you can use the new script trigger in FileMaker GO to detect when the orientation changes and then that script can select a layout customized for that orientation.

• 2. Re: Landscape Script
            TSGal

Brad Kinne:

Thank you for your post.

The answer from PhilModJunk is correct (Thank you!).  There is not script step to set the device orientation.  I recommend that you add this to our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The suggestions entered into this web form populate a database file that is hosted and monitored by our Development and Product Management departments, as they discuss and consider each of these entries for possible inclusion in future releases.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
                 FileMaker, Inc.