4 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2013 5:03 AM by ScottM_1

Layouts changed

ScottM_1

Title

Layouts changed

I'm using the latest version of Filemaker Go. I've noticed that several fields have shifted from the layout created in FM 12. They are no longer aligned with the text they go with, and some text is cut off. The shifting is not uniform as some fields have moved more than others. This only happens with my layout for printing or creating a PDF. My data entry layouts are exactly as designed.

I tried locking all items in the layout with no success. Otherwise the file works fine, exactly as expected. Please help! 

• 1. Re: Layouts changed
          TSGal

ScottM:

Thank you for your post.

Are the field shifting?  Or, is the font shifting?  Remember that iOS has a limited number of fonts compared to Mac OS X, so there may be font substitution.  Please review the font list on page 17 of the FileMaker Go Development Guide at:

http://www.filemaker.com/support/product/docs/12/filemaker-go/fmgo_development.pdf

Since this occurs only when printing, does it print correctly from FileMaker Pro?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Layouts changed
            ScottM_1

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I was not clear before. The shift I see is on the iPad. Have not tried sending a PDF yet as I have not written that script. I was more concerned with the shift I see. I believe it's the fields that have moved, but am not totally sure.

That said, the font substitution issue may indeed be part of it. I will need to look at that when I get back to the DB tonight. 

With regard to the emailing a pdf via a script, is there a way to have the email addressed with a CC to myself within the script? Would the created PDF continue to reside on the iPad?

• 3. Re: Layouts changed
              TSGal

ScottM:

The Send Mail script step does allow you to enter information into the CC or BCC options, so you can definitely CC yourself.

The PDF file would be saved to the FileMaker Go directory.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Layouts changed
                ScottM_1

Thanks for the reply.

It was a font issue indeed. I also needed to pull things further in from the margins, about 1/4 inside.