Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I have done.
1. I created a database file with one text field "Location".
2. Under Options, I entered an Auto-Enter Calculation of:
LocationValues ( 100 ; 10 )
... and also checked the option "Do not replace existing value of field (if any)".
3. I set the file for Network Sharing.
4. I launched FileMaker Go 13.0v2 on an iPad running iOS 7.1, and accessed the file.
5. I walked around our building adding records from time to time. The Location values were entered and the values did change.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can try to replicate the issue.
In my file, the Location field was set as a calculation. Based on your comments, I added a second field that Auto-Enters. I did a fresh load of the database in question each time before testing.
My results are as follows:
1) iPhone 4, iOS 7.1 , FMGo 12, Remote file from iMac (FMPro 12 Advanced) - Both fields work
2) iPhone 4, iOS 7.1, FMGo 12, local file - Both fields work
3) iPad Air WiFi, iOS 7.1 ,FMGo 13.0.2, Remote file from iMac - Both fields work
4) iPad Air WiFi, iOS 7.1 ,FMGo 13.0.2, local file - Both fields work
5) iPhone 4, iOS 7.1, FM Go 13.0.2, Remote file from iMac - Neither field work
6) iPhone 4, iOS 7.1, FM Go 13.0.2, local file - Neither field work
Been through the settings on the iPhone. Cell access is on. The location cancel prompt doesn't come up and nothing gets entered. Both FMGo 12 and 13 are loaded on the same phone. This is all the equipment I have access to at this point in time. I'll try it on a different iPhone when I can get my hands on one.
While I hesitate to draw conclusions based on a rather simplistic and limited data set, I am seeing the issue being something about how FMGo 13 is interacting with the iPhone. Given that FMGo 12 works on the same phone, being a hardware issue is doubtful and the fact it works on my iPad Air means that iOS may not be at fault, however I am no expert on the nuances of iOS 7 on different platforms. I would be happy to entertain any other suggestions.
I got access to an iPhone 4 with FileMaker Go 13.0v2, and after accessing the same file remotely from my desktop computer, I added a record, and the current Location values were entered into the Text field. I then moved to a different location in our building, added a record, and another set of values were entered, and they were slightly different from the previous record, so I know the Location information is being captured correctly.
I don't have a reason why your iPhone 4 is failing. I will continue using the iPhone 4 here to try and determine possible causes for failure.
If you add a new text field with auto-enter calculation Location ( 100 ; 10 ), does this also fail?
I should have remembered the joke about the four engineers in a car sooner... So I went back and reinstalled FMGo 13. Now it works fine. I don't think I will ever be smart enough to fully understand these crazy things! Something wasn't right and I sure haven't figured out what it was.