5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2014 12:46 PM by TSGal

login

BFalasiri

Title

login

Is there a setting or way to keep from being logged out every time a mobile device goes to sleep, OR if you have to switch to another app?

• 1. Re: login
          TSGal

B Falasiri:

Thank you for your post.

The fmreauthenticate extended privilege can be set for a specified amount of time, so when you put your iOS device to sleep and bring it out of sleep, you can reconnect.  For more about the fmreauthenticate extended privilege, see pages 20-21 of the FileMaker Go 13 Development Guide at:

https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/docs/13/en/fmgo13_development.pdf

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: login
            AppGuy

As TSGal mentioned.. fmreauthenticate10000 would be 10000 minutes which would be about 1 week..

This is the max..

I cut ours back to 960(roughly a work day) because I think it might have been causing some database corruption being open too long..

• 3. Re: login
              BFalasiri

thank you! Not clear on how to set it to 960 minutes...

I see how it can be enabled and disabled...just don't see an edit box, etc....

• 4. Re: login
                TSGal

B Falasiri:

To edit the value for fmreauthenticate extended privilege, pull down the File menu and select Manage -> Security.  Then click on the Extended Privileges tab.  Click on fmreauthenticate10 and click "Edit...".  Change fmreauthenticate10 to fmreauthenticate960 to change this to 960 minutes.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: login
                  TSGal

B Falasiri:

In the "Edit Extended Privilege" window, the Keyword "fmreauthenticate10" will be highlighted.  Remove the last two characters (10) and type 960.  The Keyword should now read "fmreauthenticate960" (without the quotes).  Click OK to close the "Edit Extended Privilege" window, and click OK again to close the Manage Security window.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.