7 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2017 6:24 AM by TSGal

Low volume beep

johnw54

Title

Low volume beep

I'm using FMGo with a bluetooth scanner.  I'm using the beep scriptstep to let the user know when it is a valid scan.  The beep on the ipad is so low you can barely hear it.  When I adjust the volume on the iPad it has no affect.  Any thoughts hear?

• 1. Re: Low volume beep
          TSGal

John Williams2978:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

The volume on the iPad does affect the Beep sound.  Go into Settings, tap Sounds in the left pane, and put the volume slidebar to the far right (maximum value), and execute the Beep in FileMaker Go.  Repeat with the volume slidebar in the middle-left position and execute the Beep in FileMaker Go.  There should be a noticeable difference in sound.

Let me know if you are still having difficulty.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Low volume beep
            johnw54

Yes you are correct. The volume of the beep can be controled by the slider bar on the ipad.  I have it up full volume and it's still to soft in the environment that I am using it.  Can anything else be done to make it louder.  Unfortunately the Speak Command on the Go is not available.... I tried to record a loud sound and put it into a container field and I could'nt make that work right.  It needs to be fast and if I remember correctly the screen flips.

• 3. Re: Low volume beep
              TSGal

John Williams2978:

After much testing, I can confirm the Beep sound is softer than the iOS beeps.  At this time, it is not possible to make it louder.

I have forwarded this information to our Development and Testing departments so they can consider increasing the volume in a future release.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Low volume beep
                jjackson+fm@pobox.com

I'll second this. I have two projects stalled because of this, with no solution in sight...

• 5. Re: Low volume beep
                  TSGal

John Jackson:

Thank you for your post.

I have also attached your post to the original report.  I will post again when more information becomes available.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Low volume beep
                    philmodjunk

This report has now been added to the Known Bugs List for FMGO. Please post any questions/comments about that entry in the list here or in a new thread.

Note: I no longer monitor the FM GO forum for bug reports due to cutting back my level of involvement in this forum. I will not know about an FM GO bug unless it is either posted to Report an Issue or someone kindly sends me a PM as someone did for this report.

• 7. Re: Low volume beep
                      TSGal

All:

This issue has been addressed in FileMaker Go 16.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.