6 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2015 6:07 AM by TSGal

Minor Annoyance with FM Go 14

Jade

Title

Minor Annoyance with FM Go 14

FM Go 14 is slicing off the bottom of most text fields (Helvetica) so lower case characters like g, j, p, q, y loose their lower appendage.  So a j appears as i, etc.

Is there a faster fix than spending several hours changing styles or even more days fixing field heights?

P.S.  These fields display correctly in FM Go 13.

• 1. Re: Minor Annoyance with FM Go 14
          TSGal

Jade:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I did:

1. In FileMaker Pro 13, I created a database file with three text fields: H10, H12, H14.

2. I set "H10" to Helvetica 10 point, "H12" to Helvetica 12 point, and "H14" to Helvetica 14 point.

3. In one record, I entered the alphabet into the three fields.

4. I copied the file to an iPad 3 (iOS 8.3), launched FileMaker Go 14 and opened the file.

All three fields display correctly in Helvetica font.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Minor Annoyance with FM Go 14
            TSGal

Jade:

My eyes somehow missed the slight cut-off on the Helvetica 10 point.  It wasn't evident until the screen shot was posted.

For now, the field height would have to be adjusted.  If I change the height from 0.25 inches to 0.28 inches, the field then displays properly.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Minor Annoyance with FM Go 14
              Jade

Thanks, TSGal.

I'm having problems with slightly larger font sizes (12 to 18) using the Luminous theme with customized styles on iPad 2 with iOS 8.3.  These are from FM 13 solutions opened in FM Go 14.  It's a wonder it works at all. laugh

• 4. Re: Minor Annoyance with FM Go 14
                TSGal

Jade:

Testing and Development are already aware of this issue as it also happened in FileMaker Go 12 and FileMaker Go 13.  The workaround is to adjust the field height slightly larger.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Minor Annoyance with FM Go 14
                  Jade

Hi TSGal,

Thanks for the update!

I know you cannot hazard a guess as to when or if it will be fixed in FM Go 14, but can you please tell me how long it took to correct it in either FM Go 12 or FM Go 13?  That way I can determine whether it’s worth the one to two weeks of effort it will take to adjust all field heights and retest my solutions.

Best regards,
                  Jon
                  • 6. Re: Minor Annoyance with FM Go 14
                    TSGal

Jade:

Sorry for the confusion of my wording.  I should have said, "This issue is also present in FileMaker Go 12 and FileMaker Go 13."  If you use the default field height in FileMaker Go, the bottom of those extended characters will be truncated.  You will need to adjust the field height accordingly.

TSGal
                    FileMaker, Inc.