2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2010 2:00 PM by AaronMartin

Multiple ipad 3G connection issues

AaronMartin

Title

Multiple ipad 3G connection issues

I have 5 ipads wth filemaker go on them. Not all of the ipads will connect at the same time. It is random when some connect and some do not. The error message is "THE FILE "A......N" COULD NOT BE OPENED. EITHER  THE HOST IS NOT AVAILABLE, OR THE FILE IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THAT HOST"

I have enough licences because I have bought 2 copys of the software which should allow 10 users.

I also have forwarded the port 5003 on the server/firewall.

Why is this so unstable?

• 1. Re: Multiple ipad 3G connection issues
          TSGal

Aaron Martin:

Thank you for your post.

Although I do not have an iPad with 3g connection, another user reported that if you boot up the iPad and immediately launch FileMaker Go, you will be unable to connect to a FileMaker hosted file.  However, if you first launch Safari to initiate the 3g connection, then the next time you launch FileMaker Go, you will be able to connect.  Please let me know if you can confirm.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Multiple ipad 3G connection issues
            AaronMartin

Hi TSGal,

It works! Even when the ipad has been on with no connection runing for a period of time you still cannot connect unless first activation the 3g connection via Safari or other.

This is happening on 2 particular ipads out of 5 in particular and I cannot see any difference in the wi-fi or cellular network settings beteween them. Oh well they work now which is good. Im sure you guys will fix the issue in future releases! :)

Thanks for your help.

Aaron