3 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2011 4:12 AM by yorkli

Need a solution for bad Form behavior (1 of 3 questions)

artdoc

Title

Need a solution for bad Form behavior (1 of 3 questions)

I have the trial version of FMPro 11 so that I can test the potential of FM GO for a field sales tool.

I have created a contract that runs three pages long, using formula-built fields for data that will vary with options chosen. Also a field for a job description could grow from a line or two and go up to a dozen descriptive lines.

I have set up many fields on Page 1 to allow for this flexible amount of info, and in FM Pro, it works fine.

Putting the form onto the iPad, the empty fields will be filled in at a customer's home, then the pages should be saved as a PDF.

The problem (most important of the three I want to solve) is that the slide UP fields with option set to remove extra space end up nearly covering up the fields that are above! There is maybe a line and a half left showing. I have tried both options for sliding up, nothing changes. In FM Pro, the form works just fine. 

This will be a deal breaker if I can't find a fix. True, the extra white space might be okay in some ways, but it doesn't look professional.

This is Q 1 of 3

• 1. Re: Need a solution for bad Form behavior (1 of 3 questions)
          yorkli

HI, Steve Tyron

I think I have same problem with you.

I am running a question&answer report layout, for each question there are many answer fields that vary with checkbox chosen or not.

what i can do now is make the unchosend answer fields not visable by condition formatting,but there still white space over there and

can not save this space. I don't know how to make it more flexiable!!!

can you tell me what did you do about this issue? thanks!!!

• 2. Re: Need a solution for bad Form behavior (1 of 3 questions)
            artdoc

Here's how I did it:

I created a test with three sets of checkbox fields. then (for this simple test) created a calculation field the same size as one of the ValueList result fields. The calculation was this: If(ValueListField Copy = ""; ""; ValueListField Copy)

Since "ValueListField Copy" was simply a clone of the original field, and since "Box2" contains that field, I removed the true "ValueListField Copy" from the layout since any content shows in Box2, but if ""ValueListField Copy" is empty, so is Box2. 

Running through the position options to set sliding and such, my print previews do show that empty Box2 disappears from the page and the third set of answers float up.

I hope that made sense.

• 3. Re: Need a solution for bad Form behavior (1 of 3 questions)
              yorkli

Thanks Steve Tyron , it works for me both on Pro and iPad.