4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2014 8:36 AM by TSGal

Need to log in every time?

AnneConcepcion

Title

Need to log in every time?

Just getting started w/FM Go. We have a hosted contact database, and I'm able to access it via FM Go on my iPhone. But it appears I have to re-enter the username and password for it every time I open the app ... can't possibly be true, can it?

There's a dimmed "Login as Guest" entry below the account name/password fields. How can I enable this? (I'm the admin for the database).  I don't mind logging in as guest if I just want to look something up. 

thanks

AM

• 1. Re: Need to log in every time?
          AppGuy

Anne-

There are sever things you can do to get around this...

1st... check out page 21 - https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/docs/13/en/fmgo13_development.pdf  look for fmreauthenticate

2nd.. you could create a Web Clip so you launch your app from an icon on your iPad giving you the look and feel of a native app..

look here http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11033/~/how-to-create-an-icon-on-the-home-screen-of-your-ios-device-that-can-directly

JP

• 2. Re: Need to log in every time?
            TSGal

Anne Concepcion:

Thank you for your post.

The answers supplied by "JP" are correct (Thank you!).

To make the Guest account active, follow these steps:
                    1. Open the file in FileMaker Pro.
                    2. Pull down the File menu and select Manage -> Security...
                    3. Click the "Accounts" tab (if not already selected).
                    4. In the far left column under "Active", enter a checkmark for the Guest account.
                    5. Click OK.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
                 FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Need to log in every time?
              AnneConcepcion

1st... check out page 21 - https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/docs/13/en/fmgo13_development.pdf  look for fmreauthenticate

Okay, thanks for your quick help! So I went to FMPro on my desktop, mounted the database from the server (hosted by PointInSpace), and went to File > Manage > Security (for this file).

Then in the Extended Privileges pane, I selected fmreauthenticate, and clicked Edit.  Right now in "keyword" it says "fmreauthenticate10".  There are 4 privilege sets below it and the checkbox is enabled for each.

So ... now what? Page 21 of the manual just says to "use the fmreauthenticate privilege" to control timeouts. But I'm not seeing a field where I can see what the timeout is, or increase the timeout, or disable timing out altogether.  Is it the number (10) following the keyword? (Does that mean minutes or hours or days or...? 

thanks for further help.

AM

• 4. Re: Need to log in every time?
                TSGal

Anne Concepcion:

In the Extended Privileges window, highlight "fmreauthenticate10" and click "Edit...".  Then, change the keyword "fmreauthenticate10" to "fmreauthenticate720" (720 minutes/12 hours).  Below that, make sure it is turned on for the appropriate user accounts.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.