1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2012 5:00 AM by MarkSimlo

Newbie hoping someone can help.

MarkSimlo

Title

Newbie hoping someone can help.

Hi,

I have Filemaker Pro 11 Advanced on my iMac.  I have Filemaker GO on my iPhone. I have created a test database on the iMac and can access it and change it on the iPhone if I am on my local wireless network.  I want to access the database when I am out and about over 3G.  I am using an Apple Time Capsule router accessed with Airport Utility on my iMac and I have given my iMac a static IP address.

I am sure the issue I have is a port forwarding one as everything works OK over my local wireless network.

Can anyone offer me any ideas on what I need to do (or if you need any more information from me to help me).

Many thanks in advance

Mark

• 1. Re: Newbie hoping someone can help.
          MarkSimlo

After much looking around I found the issue - I needed to put the external IP address of my router into Filemaker GO host IP address and not the one on my local network.  I found the external IP address from my router using Aiport Utility (and it isn't the 10.0.1.** or a 192.168.0.** but the external on along the lines 95.233.52.32 for example). I set up port mapping of port 5003 using Airport Utility to point it to the static IP address of my iMac.  The correct host I added was http://95.233.52.32:5003 and this worked fine.

I hope anyone else with similar issues gets it sorted too!!

It's never straight forward with computers is it!!

Mark