3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2010 3:39 PM by RogerConner

No files.

WinstonChurchill

Title

No files.

Just starting out, not fully up to speed with FM Pro, but have installed go on my ipad for an early evaluation, but all I get is no files. (But I am able to transfer/copy them by email etc)

Typed in the IP of my mac (192.168.1.87), don't know whether it's connected or not (there's no visual indication) or just can't find the files. Firewall lists FM pro to allow access

Is there something I need to do in FM Pro, do the files need to be in a specific location.

I'm currently running a trial of FM Pro, could that be an issue.

My mac is connected by ethernet to my router which is connected to an AP (bridged), is this a problem.

Bento syncs just fine, can bento and FM Pro work side by side or is this a problem.

Not sure what to try next.

• 1. Re: No files.
          TSGal

Winston Churchill:

Thank you for your post.

On your Mac, launch FileMaker Pro and open the database file.  Pull down the File menu and select "Sharing -> FileMaker Network...".  Be sure to turn on Network Sharing.  Verify the IP Address listed.  In that same dialog box, select the file in the bottom left quadrant, and on the right side, make sure "All users" is selected.  Click OK.  Your file is now accessible for guest access.

No need to set up Wi-Fi since you already have Bento for Mac and Bento for iPad syncing properly.  This is not a problem having Bento and FileMaker working "side by side".

Launch FileMaker Go.  Assuming you have added the Mac as a Remote Host, tap the IP Address of the Mac and a listing of available files for access are displayed.

Please keep me posted with any progress.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: No files.
            WinstonChurchill

Not sure what I've done to duplicate TSGal's answer, but perhaps that was posting from the iPad, the forum doesn't seem to work too well with the iPad or at least my iPad, never the less:

Thanks for the answer, I've now progressed and have my database working with the iPad.

• 3. Re: No files.
              RogerConner

Thanks for this question and the answer. There are no instructions about doing this and these settings are the opposite of the default. I had tried everything I could think of (and some others), but it had never quite occurred to me that I was setting up an FN NETWORK.