3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2012 1:41 PM by TSGal

No video in FM Go 12

bvondeylen

Title

No video in FM Go 12

I have created a db with several tables. 1 tables has a container field optimized for Photos. 1 table has a container field optimized for multimedia (video, pdf, etc).

I have created two Container Play layouts. 

Photo Play

Multimedia Play

Each layout is identical. Only the container field from the appropriate table is on the layout, and the layout is set to fill the window (stretch or shrink). Each container field is set appropriately (optimized for Photo or Multimedia).

When I switch to the layout on the computer (Mac), everything works (photos display, videos play).

When I use an iPad 2, the layout with Photos displays correctly, but the layout with videos only shows icon and title of the video on the screen (eg Screen Recording.mov).

Do videos not play on the iPad in FileMaker GO 12 from databases hosted on a FileMaker Pro Server 12?

• 1. Re: No video in FM Go 12
          TSGal

Bryan Von Deylen:

Thank you for your post.

The video won't play in the Layout of FileMaker Go 12.  You need to tap the movie file in the Container field, and then tap "View" to view the movie in full screen mode.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: No video in FM Go 12
            bvondeylen

That is the problem. When I view the layout in FileMaker GO 12 on the iPad and tap the movie file, there is no button that gets displayed.

When I try on the iPhone, I get the button, but NOT on the iPad 2.

So, I think there is a BUG in FileMaker GO 12.0.6, since NO buttons display when I tap the container field on the iPad.

It happens when I have the container field that would fill the iPad screen. When I tap on the container field, no buttons display.

I experiemented with a different layout, and set the layout to view multiple records. I have the container field smaller so several records can be displayed at the same time. Now when I click on the container field, I do see the buttons.

Doesn't help for the solution I am working on though, where autistic kids will be looking at directions based on Photos and Videos they need to watch on the iPad. I need the Photos and Videos to be full screen. I would really like the video to auto play (like on the MacBook), without the need to TAP the container field, then TAP a button to play…

• 3. Re: No video in FM Go 12
              TSGal

Bryan Von Deylen:

If the Container field is larger than the screen, then you won't immediately see the Actions window to select "View".  You would need to tap the field and scroll right, for the "View" option to appear.  As you discovered, once the Container field is smaller than the screen width/height, then the option is displayed.

Please enter the autoplay suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form are populated into a database hosted by Development and Product Management, where each entry is discussed and considered for a future release.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.