3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2012 10:43 AM by TSGal

Not resizing on return to portrait from landscape

mvanmeter

Title

Not resizing on return to portrait from landscape

Not sure if this has been discussed.  On my ipad if I start in portrait and rotate to landscape, all is fine.  Screen expands. When rotated back to portrait, screen does not reduce properly.

• 1. Re: Not resizing on return to portrait from landscape
          TSGal

Mike Van Meter:

Thank you for your post.

FileMaker Go will size the layout content only when necessary.  If your layout is smaller in width than your screen dimensions (going from Portrait to Landscape), there would be unused space, so FileMaker Go accommodates the aspect ratio change and "zooms" to fit.  However, when going from Landscape to Portrait, FileMaker Go does not have reason to zoom to fit, as it would be annoying to always zoom when changing orientations.  Also, if the layout was designed to display properly in Landscape Mode, you don't want the layout to change when switching back to Portrait.

If you switch from Landscape to Portrait and want to resize, use two-finger pinch to reduce the size.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Not resizing on return to portrait from landscape
            mrjw34

I notice that some apps lock the ability to rotate content so for instance portrait is the only way to view. Is this one view only method possible in FM Go?

• 3. Re: Not resizing on return to portrait from landscape
              TSGal

John Weber:

Thank you for your post.

At this time, FileMaker Go does not have a script step to either lock the display in portrait or landscape.  I recommend entering this into the Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

Entries into this web form are put into a database file that is hosted by Development and Product Management where they are then discussed and considered for future releases.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.