1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 10, 2013 10:48 AM by TSGal

ODBC - Oracle 11G

cfrasnelly@douglaselectric.com

Title

ODBC - Oracle 11G

Hi all,

I've built a simple app using FM Pro Advanced 12 that connects to an Oracle DB via an Oracle 11G driver and it works great.

When I upload the database to our FM 12 Server Advanced and attempt to run it from an iPad I receive the below error message:

ODBC Error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application.

Both the development machine and the FM server are running Windows 7 64 bit and I have installed and tested the Oracle ODBC driver successfully on both machines.

Is there a trick that I am missing. I am new to FM (Coming from the MS Access / VB.Net world) and would love to get my first mobile app up and running!!! :-)

Thanks!

Cameron Frasnelly

• 1. Re: ODBC - Oracle 11G
          TSGal

Cameron Frasnelly:

Thank you for your post.

I just want to confirm that the Oracle 11G driver exists on the server where the file is being hosted.

Also, go to another computer that does not have the driver installed, launch FileMaker Pro, and attempt to connect to the hosted file.  Does this connect successfully?

When do you receive the error message?  That is, are you able to open the file in FileMaker Go 12 but then fail when you attempt a certain task?

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.