3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2013 6:54 AM by TSGal

OnObjectModify and Go to Field not working

whardy7

Title

OnObjectModify and Go to Field not working

From a script attached to a button I am going to a drop down menu (global field), then using OnObjectModify to Go to Field. It works perfectly on Mac FM 12, but not on FMGo 12.0.8. It doesn't go to the specified field. Anyone familiar with that?

whardy7 

• 1. Re: OnObjectModify and Go to Field not working
          TSGal

whardy7:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. I created a table with three fields:

Drop (Text - Global Storage)
               Field A (Text)
               Field B (Text)

2. In Layout Mode, I set "Drop" to be a drop-down list with five values: Andrea, Betty, Connie, Deborah, and Erika

3. I created a script called "Go to Field B" that only contains the script step:

Go to Field [ Field B ]

(as this would skip over Field A)

4. I created a button on the layout with "Go to Field [ Select//perform ; Drop ]"

5. I set "Drop" to have OnObjectModify execute the script "Go to Field B".

6. When I go to Browse and I click the button, the drop down menu for "Drop" appears.  If I tab through it, my focus switches to the next field: Field A.  When I click the button again and select any value from the Drop-down list, my focus jumps to Field B.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: OnObjectModify and Go to Field not working
            whardy7

TSGal,

Thank you for your help. While I am not sure what the problem was, in trying to recreate what you did, I realized that I misspoke and was using a popup instead of a drop down. Once I switched to a drop down, it worked. That is just as good. Would you mind explaining what the difference would be in behavior so I know which one to use and why in the future?

Thanks, again!

• 3. Re: OnObjectModify and Go to Field not working
              TSGal

whardy7:

The pop-up menu acts slightly differently under iOS, as the OnObjectModify script executes prior to the automatic tab exiting the pop-up menu, thereby at the end of your script tabbing you out of the desired field into the next field in the tab order.  The current workaround is to end your OnObjectModify script with Halt Script.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.