3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2012 11:04 AM by laurentades

Open FMGO container field files in external app

laurentades

Title

Open FMGO container field files in external app

All,

i am trying to open a .dwg file stored in a container field in a CAD viewernapp on iPad.

The viewer app does work : Mail prompt to open dwg file with that app when trying to open file

FMGO only gives option to view... and no joy,,,! Even though it shoumd work as Doc mentions it : http://www.filemaker.com/products/filemaker-go/for-ipad/help/1/working_containers.html  (3ed section)

An idea, anyone?

• 1. Re: Open FMGO container field files in external app
          TSGal

Laurent Ades:

Thank you for your post.

I'm unfamilar with any CAD viewermapp on the iPad.  I'm also unfamiliar with the .dwg file type, but using my favorite browser search engine, I see .dwg file format originated in the Interact CAD application but is also used by AutoCAD, and that the .dwg file format is changing with AutoCAD 2013.

Regardless, assuming the file is embedded, you should be able to click inside the Container field and hold down on the file.  An Actions window should then appear, and tap "View".  If it doesn't display, then tap the icon in the upper right corner (rectangle with a large right arrow) and select the CAD viewermapp application.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Open FMGO container field files in external app
            laurentades

Hi

Thanks for answer. 

I do agree this is what should happen but it does not. Works as described with other files (xls, pages, pdf...) but the dwg just doe snot work even though it does open when prompted from Mail, DropBox or Evernote. It just looks like FMGo does not 'like' dwg files. needless to say that the file is healthy.

I have opened a support request as a bug (#121029-000034). I run FMGo12 on iOS6.

• 3. Re: Open FMGO container field files in external app
              laurentades

Here is a screen cap of what i get when trying to view