1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 30, 2012 9:33 AM by TSGal

Opening files in container fields automatically

ahcho

Title

Opening files in container fields automatically

Hello!

I was wondering how I would go about opening existing files in FileMakerGo without giving the user to overwrite the file in the container field.

I have a table with several PDF's and JPG's embedded in container fields. I want the user to be able to select the information they want and view the subsequent PDF/JPG. Currently, how it is setup, the user get's a prompt with Choose from library, get signature, take photo, open and email. I only want the user to open the data.

If its not possible to restrict the menu that comes up, how do I lock down just that column within my table?

Aaron

• 1. Re: Opening files in container fields automatically
          TSGal

Aaron Ho:

Thank you for your post.

With the proper privilege set, you can set the Container field to be View Only.  That is, create a Privilege Set that gives you normal access, but change the Container field settings from Modifiable to View Only.  Then, in FileMaker Go, when you tap the field, you will only have two options: Open and Email.

If you don't want the user to have the Email option, then make the field a button that switches you to another layout that displays the contents of the Container field in full screen, and have a back button to return to the previous layout.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.