2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2014 5:52 AM by TSGal

Overlapping fields not opaque on IPad

janslort

Title

Overlapping fields not opaque on IPad

In FM13 Adv. Pro on my host computer  I have a field called "Notes" which is largely behind a portal containing transactions from an invoicing function.  The notes become the "active" field when the cursor is placed on the part of the field that is "peeking out: from behind the Portal window it makes the Portal window "hide".   Clicking out of the "Notes" window makes the Portal window re-appear on top of the Notes window.  Works great on the PC.  NOT on the Ipads (3)  I have both windows color set to "white" (not opaque) but the Portal data shows through anyway.

Any ideas?

notes.png

• 1. Re: Overlapping fields not opaque on IPad
          schamblee

This has been an issue in filemaker go, even in 12, as far as I know there is not a fix for the issue.  I would suggest using a tab or slide control and I would also recommend creating a separate layout for your computer and ipad, because not all items work the same and the screen is much smaller on the iPad.

• 2. Re: Overlapping fields not opaque on IPad
            TSGal

Jan Slort:

Thank you for your post.

Our Development and Testing departments are aware of this issue.  When a portal has a vertical scrollbar enabled, it will appear above other objects that are placed on top of it.

I have attached your post to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.