1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 3, 2011 10:10 AM by philmodjunk

Password that works from FM11 does not work from GO

user17265

Title

Password that works from FM11 does not work from GO

We are upgrading from FM6 to FM11, and don't use account names to access databases, just passwords.  I have a database served by FM Server 11 that I can access from FM11, but cannot from FM GO on an iPad with the same simple password.  Any idea why?  I can access the database as a guest.  I tried changing the password to no password (entered no characters for password on the change password window).  FM did not complain, but now won't allow me to enter the database from FM11, either with no password, or with the original password.  I'll reload the database on the server to get around that, but I would like know what I can do to get in from GO.

• 1. Re: Password that works from FM11 does not work from GO
          philmodjunk

Passwords  in FM11 are case senstive where they aren't in FM6. First thing to check is to make sure that you are using the same capitalization on your iPad that you used with FM.

Next, you now have an account name as well as a password and FM11 will enter the username (a preferences setting) as the default account name, a name that may not match an account name for the password you are trying to use and your computer and iPad may be entering different account names so you'll need to make sure you are using the correct account name for the password that you are using.