3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2014 4:16 PM by AlexE

    Pasting into a regular text field

    AlexE

      Title

      Pasting into a regular text field

      Post

           Hi, 

           I'm unable to copy any text into a field on FileMaker Go (latest version). I don't have any custom menus and the field is set as Text and doesn't have any content validation options enable. Running latest version of iOS as well. This issue doesn't appear in the regular FileMaker 13 on my Mac. 

           Basically, I wrote some text into the Notes app on my iPhone. I copy it and paste it within Notes to confirm it's properly copied to the clipboard. When I try and bring up the paste menu in FMGo it doesn't give me the context "paste" menu when I tap and hold like everywhere else in the OS. 

           Any ideas? Is this a FMGo bug?

        • 1. Re: Pasting into a regular text field
          philmodjunk

               That should work. I paste like that all of the time, though I sometimes add a "paste" button so that I don't have to bring up the keyboard just to paste text into a field.

               Can you enter text into this field via the keyboard?

               If you tap once to bring up the keyboard and then tap/hold to bring up the magnifying glass, do you then get the paste option?

          • 2. Re: Pasting into a regular text field
            AlexE

                 I tried adding a "paste" button and that worked perfectly but would prefer the clutter associated with paste buttons all over the place. 

                 I can easily add text into this field via the keyboard. 

                 When I tap to bring up the keyboard and then do the tap/hold all I get is the magnifying glass that allows me to move the cursor where I want it. But no copy / paste context menu.

            • 3. Re: Pasting into a regular text field
              AlexE

                   ok, so I just did a few tests on other databases I've created in the past and the problem occurred again. So I figured the only thing these 2 databases had in common were the login users I had setup. So I went to "Manage Security" -> "Privilege Set" -> "Available Menu Commands" was set to "minimal" I changed it over to "Editing Only" and everything was fine again!