6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2013 7:31 AM by TSGal

PDF Container field dispays rotated 90 degrees

johnw54

Title

PDF Container field dispays rotated 90 degrees

I have a container field (optimized for PDF).  It looks fine in Pro. When I view it in go it is rotated 90 degrees.  I have other pdf's that seem to work fine. I've tried rotating in various ways and then insert it into FM but doesn't seem to make a difference.

• 1. Re: PDF Container field dispays rotated 90 degrees
          TSGal

John Williams2978:

Thank you for your post.

What can you tell me about these JPG files.  For example, where did they originate?  If you have a Mac , open them in Preview, resave them, and then reimport them.  Do they then appear rotated in FileMaker Go?

Any other information you can provide about the files may be helpful.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: PDF Container field dispays rotated 90 degrees
            johnw54

The files that I am having an issue with are .pdf files... They are in landscape mode.  When I view them in Acrobat or Reader they look fine and are landscape.  When I view them in PRO they are landscape and look fine. When I view them in Go they are running the layout is landscape but the image doesnt turn so it is sideways.  When I tap the view button they turn and everything looks good.  I have another layout with a different file and it is portrait and it behaves like you would expect.  Please see the photo below

• 3. Re: PDF Container field dispays rotated 90 degrees
              TSGal

John Williams2978:

Using FileMaker Go 12.0.6, I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. In Bento, I went to Print, set the orientation to Landscape, clicked PDF in the lower left corner and selected "Save as PDF...".  I named the file Untitled.pdf and saved it to the Desktop.

2. In FileMaker Pro 12.0v3, I created a file with a Container field.  I set the Container field as Interactive, and I inserted the Untitled.pdf file.

3. I shared the database file.

4. In FileMaker Go 12.0.6, I accessed the file and the Container field shows the PDF file in the correct orientation.

Let me know what I have done differently than you so I can try to replicate the problem.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: PDF Container field dispays rotated 90 degrees
                johnw54

my original file was a pdf file that came to me in portrait mode, however it needs to be landscape.  So I opened it in acrobat and rotated the form through tools-page and then saved the document.  Then I moved it into my container field which is set up just like yours.  When I view the record in my layout on the desktop it looks fine.  See shot attached.  When I view it on the ipad it is back in portrait...However, when you clik view from the actions popup it rotates itself back.

• 5. Re: PDF Container field dispays rotated 90 degrees
                  TravisLewis

Did you ever figure out what caused this problem? I am having the same issue. The PDF's are showing sideways in Filemaker Go and they show correctly in Pro.

Thanks

Travis

• 6. Re: PDF Container field dispays rotated 90 degrees
                    TSGal

Travis Lewis:

Thank you for your post.

The problem still exists in FileMaker Go 12.0v7.

Our Testing department has confirmed the issue, and it has been sent to Development, but no other information is available at this time.  I have also attached your post to the original issue.

TSGal
                         FileMaker, Inc.