AnsweredAssumed Answered

PDF Export Methods

Question asked by PeteFarnsworth on Nov 3, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 8, 2010 by TSGal

Title

PDF Export Methods

Hi,

I am new to the forum, and have read through a few posts here and there, but didn't see an answer to my question.

I have been developing a database with an end product that I am hoping could be printed out on standard 8.5x11 inch paper. What I would like to do is be able to take the records from a days work and export them to a PDF for my client. I have tried to use the list view of my layout and then Save to PDF within FileMaker Go, but I ran into a few problems.

The size of the PDF is roughly 10x14 inches, which isn't printer friendly. The second problem I run into is that my layouts will end up split over two pages sometimes. I would like to have multiple records appear on a single page, but never have to turn from one page to the other to see the rest of a single record. The last issue I run into are the page margins, which is related to the export size of the PDF.

So, my question is this: Is there an alternate method of creating a PDF through FileMaker Go that can solve my issues? Is there a script that will make a PDF to a certain size and prevent records from being split? Is there a better way of going about this whole process? Is there more than one way to "skin this cat"?

Any and all help will be appreciated, and if you would like to see my layout, feel free to ask.

Thanks,

-Pete

Outcomes