2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2011 4:39 PM by FahimSurani

PDF Layout troubles in FileMaker Go

FahimSurani

Title

PDF Layout troubles in FileMaker Go

Hello,

I've created a script that lets me save a list view in a report as pdf. Everything is running fine, except the layout is slightly off. In FileMaker Pro on the desktop, running the script gives me a properly formatted PDF. However, on the iPad the right side is partially cutoff. I can't for the life of me figure out what the issue is. I've tried to adjust the zoom level, resizing the window, and changing the print setup (all through scripting), but it simply doesn't work.

The width of my layout is just over 800 px, plenty large enough for the iPad's screen in landscape view (1024px). I know it's not saving in portrait mode because that would cutoff more of the layout.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: PDF Layout troubles in FileMaker Go
          TSGal

Fahim Surani:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem.

With FileMaker Pro, I created a Layout with Text moving from one end of the screen to the other.  When I go to Preview, I notice where the text is cut-off.  I print to PDF, and the resulting PDF file has the text cut-off in the same position.  I then Save/Send Records As -> PDF..., and the resulting PDF file is also cut-off in the same position.  I move the file to my iPad, launch FileMaker Go, tap the gear icon in the upper right corner, tap Print, set the Record Range to Current Record, set the Paper Size to the same as the Mac, set the orientation the same, set the Scale to 100%, tapped PDF and then View, and also PDF and then Save.  All instances show the data being cut-off in the same position.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you and I'll try to replicate the problem here.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: PDF Layout troubles in FileMaker Go
            FahimSurani

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, but it seems like I've solved the problem. To be honest, the only thing I did was restart my iPad... I didn't update the database, nor is the database hosted on the server. Very very strange.

Thanks anyway!