3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2011 8:26 AM by StephenWonfor_1

PDF page size

DanielC

Title

PDF page size

We are using FMGO on ipads accessing a FM server hosted remotely by a 3rd party. 

Everythings working great except when we use the "save a record as pdf" command, we cannot change the page size of the pdf file.  The pdf needs to be letter size but we end up with a 10.5 x 17 document.

I've opened the DB through FM Advanced and in the page setup changed it to letter but it always reverts back to 10.5 x 17 when I reopen the file.

Since FMGO doesn't support the page setup script has anyone found a work around or does anyone know how to make the default page size 8.5 x 11?

• 1. Re: PDF page size
          rgordon

I had the same problem but I was able to correct this by a little trial and error.  I used a print layout that is exactly 803 pixel wide and I increased the font size to 16.  I have a merge field that is 803 pixels wide on the layout.  When it prints I get a 8.5 by 11 page which looks like a 12 pt font on the page.  This page has about a quarter inch margin all around the page.  Hopefully this issue will be addressed in the next release of FM GO.

• 2. Re: PDF page size
            TSGal

Daniel C:

Thank you for your post.

Currently, FileMaker Go cannot specify a page size.  Our Development is aware of this issue.

rgordon - Thank you for your efforts.  Hopefully, this will help others as they workaround the issue.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: PDF page size
              StephenWonfor_1

TSGal and Rgordon

Good to hear about the page size issue and the workaround.  Now, if they can get the page break issue resolved, I can restart my project.

Stephen