I've tried removing everything but text and portals to text items from a page of the layout and then tried printing a single page to PDF. I STILL can't get the FM GO PDF size down to the same size as MULTIPLE pages printed to PDF in FMPA.
So anything more than 2-3 pages saved to PDF is too large to email. It seems insane that 4 pages of text in a layout saved to PDF is about 15MB!
Somehow I've got to find a solution that will let me produce a reasonably sized PDF in my iPad like I can on my Mac and PC.
Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate your problem. This is what I did:
1. I created a database file with a few fields.
2. I entered data into one record.
3. I pulled down the File menu and select Save/Send Records As... -> PDF, and saved a file.
4. I hosted the file and made it available over the network.
5. I launched FileMaker Go on my iPad and selected the file.
6. I tapped the gear icon, selected Print -> PDF -> Email, and sent the file to my Mac account.
7. The files are a little different in size, as the FileMaker Go file is slightly smaller than the Mac PDF file.
Perhaps it would be easier if you send me a copy of your file. Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.
I never figured out what the problem was, but I did start a new layout for the report and had no issues.
Once I figured out that the new layout worked, I canned to old one. The only major difference is that I did not use portals on the second version.
Now the PDF size is fialy close to that of both the Mac and PC.