1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 1, 2011 3:15 PM by TSGal

piture size for fm go

carolchansen

Title

piture size for fm go

Before I go to the trouble of in bedding each photo into my database, does someone have a recommended file size, resolution, etc. to recommend for FM Go on a 2nd generation iTouch?

I have to imbed them because there will not always be access to WiFi.

There will be a photo of an image such as a fruit, head shot of a person, or an action like kids running, etc. for each record. Nothing fancy.
      On one layout it will have maybe 4 records and on another layout it will just show that image full screen. There will be a lot of records and always growing since it will be a communication device for our child. I just don’t want to run into a speed issue as the database grows in file size.

Thank you,

Carol

• 1. Re: piture size for fm go
          TSGal

Carol Hansen:

Thank you for your post.

The file size is a bit misleading, as two pictures, both being the same size, can have much different file sizes.

The bottom of page 19 of the FileMaker Go Technical Brief (http://www.filemaker.com/products/filemaker-go/docs/techbrief_filemaker_go_11_en.pdf) displays the screen size for the iPod touch for portrait and landscape modes, with and without the Toolbar.  For example, if you plan to have the Toolbar visible and the layout is to be displayed in portrait, then the screen size is 320 pixels in width by 385 pixels in height.  Another factor to consider is the resolution.  If you are using this primarily as a learning tool, then resolution may not be paramount, so 72 dpi may be sufficient.  You will have to experiment to see what settings work best for you.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.