1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2015 6:27 AM by TSGal

Pop up menu not displaying

ericjlindholm

Title

Pop up menu not displaying

On some fm go layouts, my pop ups are not displaying.  They are all working thru fmp13 for Mac They work on other layouts. I can't seem to figure out y.  Any thougths?

• 1. Re: Pop up menu not displaying
          user14040

I had the same problem, you have to install FMGO 13 from the app store, if you are using FMGo 13, hopefully someone can give you another solution.

• 2. Re: Pop up menu not displaying
            ericjlindholm

it appears to only happen on iPad as well.  for me, the iPhone on the same layout works will display the pop up menu

• 3. Re: Pop up menu not displaying
              TSGal

Eric Lindholm:

Thank you for your posts.

If it is working fine on some layouts but not others, try temporarily changing the format from pop-up menu to drop-down list.  Does this work?  if this also fails, try placing another instance of the field on the layout and format it as a pop-up menu.  Does this work?

Are any other applications currently open on the iPad?  If so, try exiting those applications so only FileMaker Go is open.  If this fails, try rebooting FileMaker Go.  If this also fails, reboot the iPad.

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Pop up menu not displaying
                ericjlindholm

All other apps closed, iPad hard rebooted.  same result.

The drop down menus are in a popover button.  when they are removed from the pop over, they work.

• 5. Re: Pop up menu not displaying
                  TSGal

Eric Lindholm:

Thank you for the additional information.

I would like to see a copy of the file to determine why it isn't working correctly..  Please check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send a copy (or clone) of the file.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Pop up menu not displaying
                    ericjlindholm

TSGal,  I am figuring out how to make a clone of my DB to send you.  it is too large to email at the moment.  It is clear to me now that pop up menus in a portal inside a popover button's contents area are the issue.  If the popover button is in a portal, it all works.  if the portal is in the popover, it does not. it is still not consistent through the layouts tho.

• 7. Re: Pop up menu not displaying
                      TSGal

Eric Lindholm:

Thank you for the additional information.

I am still unable to replicate the issue, and I know you said "it is still not consistent through the layouts".  Just to make sure I understand what you said, this is what I have done:

1. In my TEST.fmp12 file, I created two tables, "Names" and "Invoices", where there is one Name record per Invoice, but many Invoices per name.

2. In my Name layout, I created a Popover.

3. In the Popover, I created a Portal into the Invoices table, with the fields Date and Amount.

4. I formatted the Date field to be a pop-up menu first using custom values (1/1/2014, 1/2/2014, 1/3/2014, ... , 1/15/2014).

5. The file is set up for Network Sharing.

6. I launch FileMaker Go 13 from my iPad, open the hosted file, open the Popover, and tap the Date field.  The Pop-up menu appears.

7. Back in FileMaker Pro 13, I change the formatting of the Date field to use the values from the Date field.  I saved the layout.

8. In FileMaker Go 13, I open the Popover again, tap the Date field, and the Pop-up menu appears with the existing date values.

Please let me know if you are able to replicate the issue regularly, and what changes I need to make to replicate the issue.

TSGal
                           FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: Pop up menu not displaying
                        vtdonn

I'm having the same problem. I've tried the suggestions above (reinstall, reboot iPad, etc) and still seeing the same behavior. Please post if there have been any solutions.  Thanks-

• 9. Re: Pop up menu not displaying
                          TSGal

Donn Downey:

Thank you for your post.

You don't provide a lot of information about your file or layout.  If you create a new layout with the pop-up field, does it work?  If you move the pop-up field to a Popover, is this when it fails?

I'm also willing to look at your database file.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
                               FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: Pop up menu not displaying
                            TSGal

Donn Downey:

I received your file.  Thank you.

I am finally able to replicate the issue only when a value list is currently being displayed after tapping the "+" icon to add a new record in the portal.  If no pop-up value list is displayed prior to tapping the "+" icon, then the pop-up menu will appear.  For example, in the Mgmt tab, tap the "+" icon.  The record will be added to the portal and the first field will display the pop-up menu.  With the pop-up values displayed, tap the "+" icon again.  The record will be added to the portal but the pop-up will not display.  At this point, since no pop-up is active, tap the "+" icon again.  The third record will be added to the portal and the pop-up will display.

I have sent along your file along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments for review.  As soon as I receive any feedback, I'll let you know.

TSGal
                                 FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: Pop up menu not displaying
                              vtdonn

Thanks for sending it along. I might not have mentioned, this is an entirely new problem with FM13Go. The files behave fine in FM12Go. I'm really hoping this gets resolved- we have a large number of clients and many are adopting FM13Go. Thanks-

• 12. Re: Pop up menu not displaying
                                TSGal

Donn Downey:

The file acts exactly the same with FileMaker Go 12.  That is, if a value list is displayed and you tap the "+" icon, a new record is added in the portal and the pop-up value list does not display.

TSGal
                                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 13. Re: Pop up menu not displaying
                                  TSGal

Donn Downey:

After working with your file, there is a workaround.  Just before your "Go to Field", insert the script step:

Pause/Resume Script [ Duration  (seconds): 0.3 ]

It appears stable at 0.25 seconds, but increased it just a hair to play it safe.

TSGal
                                       FileMaker, Inc.

• 14. Re: Pop up menu not displaying
                                    ericjlindholm

in general,  where is that placed in a script to make it function for reference?

1 2 Previous Next